Over het bedrijf
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
+ Lees volledige omschrijving
An exciting opportunity to help define the future of a leading production site
AkzoNobel?s major Sassenheim site is currently undergoing a determined ?Vital Few Actions Site Strategy? program to further improve site processes and the organization so that they deliver leading levels of quality, service and efficiency, in an environment characterized by high safety standards, and respect for people.
Within this context, your mission in this newly created role is to play a rapid and decisive role in successfully improving or re-installing processes, and putting in place an organization aligned with this objective. This requires a true understanding of the processes involved and an ability to lead and get people ?on board?. You will be a key member of the Site Management Team, working closely with Production, Planning, and Continuous improvement, reporting to the Site & Operations Manager.
As such, this is a dynamic and involving role that demands the ability to move effectively from a ?big picture? situational overview to an actionable plan while multi-tasking in high pressure environments. It also represents a significant career step for high-potential candidates eager to maximize their development within an organization that offers a wide range of exciting future career opportunities. Once this project is completed, you will be in an outstanding position to move on to your next challenge or career step within AkzoNobel.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as an experienced professional who can gain the respect and trust of others, inspiring them to follow and participate in the change process? Have you acquired the strong analytical and problem-solving skills that enable you to identify and structure issues, run accurate models and synthesize recommendations? Are you a good team player, able to build your own network while confidently coaching others? Above all, do you have what it takes to make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Project Manager Process and Operations
The role and its responsibilities
This high-profile position is based at our large site in Sassenheim, the Netherlands. You core task is to drive the success of the Back to Basics program by creating and implementing fit-for-purpose site processes and structures across areas such as Masterdata management, scheduling and Material control, packaging technology, and New Product Introductions (NPI). In doing so you bring these areas to maturity so that they effectively support the day-to-day manufacturing organization.
Detailed activities include:
- Defining and implementing clear handovers between central planning and scheduling;
- Acting as a gatekeeper for NPI in terms of technical validations, and as a gatekeeper for the technical feasibility of new technology implementation;
- Maximizing efficiency and output in order to achieve a fit-for-purpose and right-sized organization;
- Helping to define and design when and how to move activities under a reporting line to the Production managers;
- Designing and implementing operations-critical processes such as cycle counting, stock control, scale-up, etc;
As an inspiring and effective leader you manage, develop and coach employees in order to improve (individual) performance. As a member of the Site Management Team you act as a role model, supporting the development of this team into a more mature leadership role.
To apply for this position you must possess all of the following attributes:
- Minimum Bachelor?s degree, Master?s degree preferred, in a relevant technical subject or subjects;
- Around 8 years of relevant work experience in Operations, Production, Maintenance, Logistics, (Process) Engineering, or Continuous Improvement, etc.);
- Experience of practical implementation of change programs along with solid project and stakeholder management experience;
- Prior line management or team leader experience and the ability to leverage the skills and knowledge of the team to design and implement solutions;
- Able to apply powerful influencing and conflict resolution skills at all organizational levels;
- Powerful communication, presentational and interpersonal skills, including fluent written and spoken Dutch (must) and English.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary, you can expect excellent terms of employment. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via our website www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 190002N2, or via the "Apply
" button. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any question, please feel free to contact Michiel Paes, Recruitment Business Partner, phone +31 (0)6 4663 6997.
An employment screening will be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated